Hrvoje NikolicRuđer Bošković Institute, Zagreb, HR Related
Hrvoje Nikolic, born in 1970 in Zagreb, Croatia, is a theoretical physicist working at the Theoretical Physics Division of Rudjer Boskovic Institute in Zagreb, Croatia. His research interests cover various foundational aspects of theoretical physics, including foundations of quantum mechanics, general relativity, cosmology, particle physics, quantum field theory and string theory.
2001 PhD in physics (University of Zagreb)
1998 Master degree in physics (University of Zagreb)
1995 Bachelor degree in physics (University of Zagreb)
Awards and Achievements
- Ruđer-Bošković-Institute director award for a published paper in physics (2010)
- Honorable Mention of the Gravity Research Foundation 2006 Essay Competition
- Honorable Mention of the Gravity Research Foundation 2005 Essay Competition
Physics I, 2001-2002 (Faculty of Electric and Computer Engineering, University of Zagreb, Croatia)
- H. Nikolić, Horava-Lifshitz gravity, absolute time, and objective particles in curved space, Mod. Phys. Lett. A 25, 1595 (2010).
- H. Nikolić, QFT as pilot-wave theory of particle creation and destruction, Int. J. Mod. Phys. A 25, 1477 (2010).
- H. Nikolić, Resolving the black-hole information paradox by treating time on an equal footing with space, Phys. Lett. B 678, 218 (2009).
- H. Nikolić, Time in relativistic and nonrelativistic quantum mechanics, Int. J. Quantum Inf. 7, 595 (2009).
- H. Nikolić, Unparticle as a particle with arbitrary mass, Mod. Phys. Lett. A 23, 2645 (2008).
- H. Nikolić, Quantum mechanics: Myths and facts, Found. Phys. 37, 1563 (2007).
- B. Guberina, R. Horvat, H. Nikolić, Dynamical dark energy with a constant vacuum energy density, Phys. Let. B 636, 80 (2006).
- B. Guberina, R. Horvat, H. Nikolić, Generalized holographic dark energy and the IR cutoff problem, Phys. Rev. D 72, 125011 (2005).
- H. Nikolić, Relativistic contraction and related effects in noninertial frames, Phys. Rev. A 61, 032109 (2000).